Increasing the Quality and Quantity of Technicians
Through our Explore The Trades Program
Are you interested in a career in the plumbing, heating and cooling, or electrical service industries? We want to help you connect with your perfect job! For more information email the foundation at: email@example.com.
Why we exist!
There is a current attitude amongst the general population that students who are skilled and capable should focus their talents and maximize their potential by entering a four year college. The trades are seen as a place for students who are not capable of making it through a four year program. Because of this public bias, trade careers are not seen as a competitive career solution for students. The Nexstar Legacy Foundation seeks to actively drive students into the plumbing, HVACR and electrical trades through education of students, businesses and schools.
Strategies to achieve this goal will include:
- Work with business owners in the trades to build their expertise at communicating with Jr. and Sr. High School students on the benefits of becoming future technicians
- Develop a website to communicate career paths and opportunities to students, as well as identify quality educational programs
- Work on advocacy to change state and federal legislation that excludes the trades
- Provide excellent and enticing promotional materials to invite people to seek a career in the trades
- Work with trade schools to better market the potential of a career in this field and to improve their ability to recruit and retain students who wish to enter the trades as technicians
- Help the PHCE industry to develop their recruitment practices and to work with educational institutions to increase the awareness of the viability of careers within this field
Visit our recruiting resources page for items that you can use to recruit technicians in to the industry. Items are available to download free of charge, or you can request printed versions by contact firstname.lastname@example.org.