About Our Scholarships
The intent of the scholarship program:
To bring talent to, and enhance the training of existing technical talent, in the industries of plumbing, HVAC and electrical.
The Nexstar Legacy Foundation is devoted to bringing new talent or enhance the training of talent in the home and commercial services industry. Our scholarship program is open to qualified individuals interested in entering, or currently working in, the plumbing, HVACR and/or electrical fields. Students must be a citizen of the USA, Canada, Australia or the Cayman Islands.
The foundation currently has four scholarship programs:
1. Technician/Service Provider Scholarships
- Given to students in two- or four-year programs focused on becoming technicians or service providers in the HVAC, plumbing, or electrical fields.
- Includes students training to become a service technician or installer for an HVAC, electrical, or plumbing company.
- Students are awarded this scholarship each year of their program, up to four years.
2. Technician/Service Provider Apprentice Scholarships
- Given to students in two-year training programs such as apprenticeship programs.
- Includes students training to become service technicians or installers for HVAC, plumbing, or electrical companies.
- This scholarship is provided one time and is awarded in the spring and fall of the year.
3. Troops to Trades Scholarships and Training Grants
- Veterans, National Guard or Reserve members can apply for either short term training grants or scholarships. The intent of these into careers in the service industry. Click here for more details on the program.
4. Business Management Scholarships
- Given to students seeking four-year university degrees.
- Includes students seeking degrees in business management, mechanical engineering, marketing or other business function related to running a HVAC, plumbing, or electrical business.
- This scholarship is provided for one academic year – September through May – with disbursement in September and January.
This scholarship is permanently funded by the foundation and offered each year. It is based on merit and open to all students who meet the eligibility requirements.
This scholarship is funded by individual donors and will be offered while funds are available. It is available only to women who are planning a career in marketing in the plumbing, HVAC or electrical industries.
This scholarship is funded by individual donors and will be offered while funds are available.